Sunday 27 May 2012

Knitting for therapy?

Knitting Therapy


Knitting is the new therapy!  If you feel sad, low or need calming then pick up your needles and yarn!
I had a bit of a breakdown at the beginning of the year and am now being helped by medication..... not something I'm especially proud of but then I'm not really ashamed either.  I have had regular appointments with a CPN (community psychiatric nurse) and am now in therapy but actually the thing that has aided my recovery the most is knitting!!!
I taught myself to knit because it was something I wanted to learn for a craft fairy I was participating in (like secret santa but you make the gift) and it was not only a roaring success but I found the act of creating with yarn quite cathartic and haven't really put down the needles since.
I have joined a knitting group at www.gilliangladrag.co.uk which meets every Friday mornings 10am til noon and have met the nicest people ever!  I am not the youngest or oldest but age doesn't matter there, it truly is just love of the yarn!!!

I am currently working on Holden's Shawlette which can be found on www.ravelry.com I'll add a link when I start to work this blog stuff all out, along with pictures.....

Until then - toodlepip!

No comments:

Post a Comment